A backyard is most times the last area of a home to get consideration. When you move into a new house you of course have to take care of your indoor living spaces first. Your living areas such as kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms etc. need to take precedence.
But eventually spring comes around and the weather gets warmer and you have that itch to get outside. All of a sudden you look out back and realize you have a whole new area of your home that you can do with as you please. A very large and valuable part of your home!
3 Great Reasons To Add Outdoor Living Spaces To Your Home
• The average cost to improve the inside of your house is between $75-$150 per sq. ft.
• The average cost to improve the outside of your house is between $15-$75 per sq. ft.
• Outdoor improvements are not taxable, adding rooms to your house are taxable.
Where Do You Start?
Many homeowners don’t know where to start. You may have an idea of what you want to do or what you want to see when you walk out your backdoor but you’re not quite sure how to get there. A comprehensive design should be your first step to insure you know what your backyard will look like before any work is started.
You also need to decide what kind of outdoor living spaces you want to incorporate into your design: Here are some options:
These are just a few ideas of what you can do with outdoor living spaces in your backyard. Tiki bars, firepits, koi ponds, waterfalls, retaining walls, walkways, pergolas and gazebos. Batting cages, bocce ball courts, sandboxes, etc. The list goes on and on.
How We Can Help
What we’ll do is come take a look at your space and talk with you about what you would like your yard to become.
- We’ll create a plan that can be completed all at once or in stages.
- Prepare and present to you a “to scale” 3-D Design of your new backyard like the one you see above.
- Give you an estimate and timeline for your project.
Making use of the outdoor living space in your home so that you can enjoy the beautiful Coastal Carolina weather will be one of the best choices you could make!
It’s your backyard…Use it. Live it. Love it!